Tuesday, March 21, 2017
ILOILO – After a number of renovations and expansions, 12 district hospitals in this province are becoming economically viable and some are even steps closer to being sustainable.
From P261 million in 2015, the hospitals registered a new record of P281 million in excess income over their personal service requirements and unutilized cash advances in 2016, data from the Hospital Management Office showed.
Of the excess income, P39.25 million came from the Rep. Pedro G. Trono Memorial District Hospital in Guimbal; P39.05-million from the Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Pototan; P31.67 million from the Jesus M. Colmenares District Hospital in Balasan; P26.69 million from the Sara District Hospital; and P23.87 million from Aleosan District Hospital in Alimodian.
Others registered the following excess income:
* Dr. Ricardo S. Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Calinog – P24.51 million
* Dr. Ricardo Ladrido Memorial District Hospital in Lambunao – P18.63 million
* Barotac Viejo District Hospital in Barotac Viejo – P17.47 million
* Don Valerio Palmares Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Passi City – P17.43-million
* Ramon D. Duremdes District Hospital in Dumangas – P16.10-million
* Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital in Cabatuan – P9.40-million./PN