Thursday, April 20, 2017
BACOLOD City – Fire damaged a variety store in Barangay Lutao, Bacong, Negros Oriental.
“Faulty electrical wiring” caused the blaze, a municipal police station record showed.
No one was reported injured. T
own firefighters put the fire under control minutes after it started around 1 a.m. on Wednesday.
Police identified the storeowner as Evangeline Bacang, 63. Her daughter-in-law, Facita, told the police she was awakened by an explosion and saw dark smoke emanating from the store.
The store was made of concrete and steel with galvanized iron roofing.
The cost of damage was estimated at P50,000./PN