Thursday, December 7, 2017
ILOILO – The provincial government will give recognition to local government units (LGUs) and key players in the implementation of nutrition programs through the first ever Pasidungog sa Nutrisyon 2017 today, 9 a.m. at the Social Hall of Casa Real de Iloilo.
Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr., chairperson of the Provincial Nutrition Council (PNC), will give the plaques, certificates and cash incentives to the awardees.
Leni Disin of the Provincial Health Office (PHO) said the ceremony was conceptualized to recognize the efforts of LGUs and key players which contributed to the reduction of the province’s malnutrition rate.
“It will be a celebration of successful stories and achievements of (nutrition program) implementers,” Disin added.
There are 27 awardees under the following categories:
* best in nutrition program
* most nutritionally improved municipalities
* top nutritionally improved municipalities based on OPT (2014-2016)
* most functional nutrition committee
* top performing Municipal Nutrition Action Officer
* top performing Municipal Nutrition Coordinator
* top performing Punong Barangay
* best performing Barangay Nutrition Scholar.
Department of Health (DOH) regional director Dr. Marlyn Convocar will give the keynote address during the program. (Capitol News/PN)