Tuesday, March 13, 2018
BORACAY – Some tourists said they do not mind the closure of various establishments in this popular island resort.
One of them is Livi Dajime, who said, “On a positive note, mas nakakabuti na nalalaman pa ng mga tourists na ang gobyerno ay may care sa Boracay.”
Another beachfront restaurant along Station 2 was closed down after the local government found that it was operating without a sanitary permit.
“Ang report sa atin ng sanitary inspector, nag-expire na ang permit [ng restaurant] at hindi na na-renew,” said Executive Assistant to the Mayor Rowen Aguirre.
Personnel of the restaurant refused to comment about the closure on March 9.
The government started cracking down businesses that violate environmental laws last month after President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to close the island, calling it a “cesspool.”
On March 6, Duterte announced that he will place Boracay under a state of calamity to pave way for the island’s rehabilitation. (With a report from ABS-CBN News/PN)