ILOILO City – The Philippine Army’s 3rd Infantry Division (3ID) named seven individuals they claimed were the top New People’s Army (NPA) leaders in Western Visayas.
They are the military’s main targets of operation, according to Lieutenant Colonel J-Jay Javines, 3ID spokesperson.
He also said cash rewards duly approved by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) await informants.
The seven suspected top rebels named by the 3ID were the following:
* Ma. Concepcion Bocala, 1st Deputy Secretary of Komiteng Rehiyon (KR)-Panay
* Roberto Cabales, Secretary, Central Front, KR-Panay
* Roberto Gomia 1st Deputy Secretary, Southern Front, KR-Panay
* Arlo Vargas, Squad 1 Leader, Regional Striking Force, KR-Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor
* Severino Geonago, Political Guide, Team 2, Squad 1, SYP Platoon of KR-Panay
* Magno Flores, 1st Deputy Secretary, CN2-W, KR-NCBS
* Nahum Camariosa, Commanding Officer, SYP Platoon, Southern Front, KR-Panay
Bocala, the highest-ranked among them, has arrest warrants for rebellion with a bounty of P5.3 million, according to Javines.
Cabales, with an arrest warrant for robbery in band with frustrated murder and property damage, has a P3.1 million bounty, and Gomia, who is facing a criminal case of destructive arson, has a P1 million bounty.
On the other hand, Vargas is wanted for robbery in band; Geonago has an arrest warrant for robbery with serious physical injuries; and Flores is wanted for murder. The three has a P550,000 bounty each.
Camariosa, meanwhile, is wanted for multiple and frustrated murders with a bounty of P150,000.
“We are calling the public na baka may alam kayo ng whereabouts ng mga nabanggit natin. Ipaalalam sa atin or sa police para mahuliin. But it’s better na mag-surrender na sila for their safety and avail themselves of the government’s reintegration program for them,” said Lieutenant Colonel J-Jay Javines, 3ID spokesperson.
They may contact Division Public Affairs (DPAO) through 3ID hotline No. 09276239321 or message the Division’s Facebook page, Philippine Army Spearhead Troopers.
“Your cooperation is vital to our anti-insurgency effort, especially in locating and neutralizing NPAs who orchestrate various terroristic activities in Region 6. Let us work together to end the menace these personalities pose,” said Major General Marion Sison, commander of the 3ID./PN