ILOILO – Poor dengue patients in district hospitals’ ward section won’t be billed for seeking treatment, according to Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr.
A total of 2,453 dengue cases with 12 dengue deaths were recorded from Jan. 1 to June 1 this year, data from the Provincial Health Office (PHO) showed.
District hospitals have “fast lanes” that prioritize dengue patients.
Parents have no excuse not to bring their children suspected to have dengue to district hospitals, said Defensor.
He also urged local government units to strive to lower their dengue cases and that the provincial government would help.
“Ang tanan nga kinahanglan nga baklon kay indi masarangan sang munisipyo, baklon,” said Defensor.
Yesterday Defensor had a meeting with the PHO and mayors at the provincial capitol and discussed the rising dengue cases.
“Alarming” was how the government described the situation.
The 2,453 dengue cases from Jan. 1 to June 1 were 597 percent higher than the cases recorded in the same period last year (352 cases with one death).
The areas with the highest dengue cases were the following:
* Passi City – 225
* Pototan – 199, with two deaths
* Concepcion – 176, with three deaths
* Ajuy – 126
* Santa Barbara – 117, with one death
* Pavia – 99, with one death
* Sara – 94
* New Lucena – 84, with one death
* Lambunao – 72
* Bingawan – 70, with two deaths
Banate had 48 cases with two deaths.
PHO continues its “4S Strategy” anti-dengue campaign, which stands for “Search and Destroy” mosquito breeding places, “Secure Self Protection” from mosquito bites, “Seek Early Consultation” when signs and symptoms of dengue occur, and “Say Yes to Fogging” as a last resort when there is a looming outbreak.
“The public already knows about it, they just need to be constantly reminded,” Defensor said.
Provincial government-run district hospitals here are the following:
* Aleosan District Hospital in Barangay Bancal, Alimodian
* Barotac Viejo District Hospital in Barangay San Lucas, Barotac Viejo
* Dr. Ricardo S. Provido Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Dalid, Calinog
* Don Valerio Palmares Sr. Memorial District Hospital on Alfelor Street, Passi City
* Dr. Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Poblacion, Ilawod, Lambunao
* Ramon D. Duremdes District Hospital in Barangay Ilaya 1st, Dumangas
* Federico Roman Tirador Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Jibolo, Janiuay
* Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Barangay Rumbang, Pototan
* Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Tingui-an, Balasan
* Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Pungtod, Cabatuan
* Rep. Pedro G. Trono Memorial District Hospital on Garriel Street, Guimbal
* Sara District Hospital in Barangay Anoring, Sara.
* Mother & Child Hospital District Hospital in San Joaquin, Iloilo. (With a report from the Philippine News Agency/PN)