ILOILO – A total of 113 beneficiaries of the provincial government’s Iskolar sang Iloilo Program (ISIP) are graduating this year, of which 12 are magna cum laude and 26 are cum laude.
Of the total graduates, 25 are indigenous peoples (IPs) and 13 are persons with disabilities (PWDs).
They were recognized during the Pasidungog 2019 on April 11.
Those graduating magna cum laude are the following:
* Leslie Anne P. Doloritos, Bachelor of Science (BS) in Hotel and Restaurant Technology, Iloilo Science and Technology University (ISAT U) Dumangas
* Dominic C. Balhin, BS Agriculture, ISAT U Leon
* Jeal Q. Calubayan, BS Agriculture, ISATU Leon
* Lykeen L. Salmoro, BS Agriculture, Iloilo State College of Fisheries (ISCOF) Dingle)
* Ivy B. Boblo, Bachelor in Elementary Education, West Visayas State University (WVSU)
* Maria Loren C. Daguro, Bachelor in Secondary Education major in English, WVSU
* Precious G. Eguico, Bachelor in Elementary Education, WVSU
* Michael U. Ferrer, Bachelor in Secondary Education major in Math, WVSU
* Fatima Angela M. Roque, BS Administration major in Business Management, WVSU
* Alex T. Almonibar Jr., BS Agriculture, WVSU INCA
* Guellier C. Caspillo, BS Agriculture, WVSU INCA
* Marvin M. Ventura, BS Agriculture, WVSU INCA
Four members of the IP community are graduating cum laude. They are Jan C. Castor (BS Secondary Education major in English, WVSU-Calinog); Jennifer L. Lopez (Bachelor in Elementary Education, WVSU-Calinog); Romeo D. Lopines Jr. (BS in Secondary Education major in English, WVSU-Calinog); and Rey Mark J. Lastrilla (BS Industrial Technology major in Electronics, WVSU-Lambunao).
The honor graduates received a medal, certificate, and cash incentives.
In her testimonial speech, Queen Gene B. Guillermo, BS Architecture from ISAT U, thanked Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. for initiating the scholarship program for scholars.
She narrated that when she was in college, she worked as a nanny and a call center agent at the same time. She also sold clothes and perfumes and distributed flyers just so she could survive.
But the allowance that she received from the province helped her with her daily needs.
“Thank you, Governor Defensor for initiating the program. Rest assured that your investment with us is secured,” she said.
Defensor stressed the importance of education in uplifting the quality of lives of Ilonggos.
The provincial government also recognized the employees who have been in service for 37 years and above.
The longest-serving employee is Rosalia C. Aguiling, assistant provincial treasurer. She served the province for 45 years since 1973.
Three department heads were also honored. They were Engr. Gracianito L. Lucero of the Provincial Engineer’s Office who served the province for 39 years; Provincial Planning and Development Office head Mario N. Nillos who has been in service for 37 years; and Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office Head Neneth Q. Pador who has been serving the Capitol for 38 years.
The Pasidungog 2019 and Service Recognition were the highlights of the recent 118th Semana sang Iloilo celebration. (LHC, Capitol news/PN)