MANILA – Malacañang does not see any bad blood between the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the Bureau of Customs over the “missing” P11 billion worth of shabu that had been allegedly concealed inside magnetic lifters discovered in Cavite.
The two agencies had locked horns over the alleged drug smuggling when then Customs commissioner Isidro Lapeña said the PDEA’s allegation that one ton of the supposedly missing shabu was circulating in the underground market was “baseless.”
These agencies were simply holding on to the findings of their respective investigations, Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo said on Saturday.
Panelo also reiterated President Rodrigo Duterte’s stand that he will not be convinced with the PDEA’s claim unless presented with solid evidence.
“Ang naging posisyon ng PDEA [si]mula’t sapul ay may laman iyong magnetic lifters, ’di ba?” the presidential spokesman, also the chief presidential legal counsel, said in an interview on national radio.
“At ang sinasabi naman ni (Isidro) Lapeña, e walang ebidensiya doon – at iyon din ang sinabi ni Presidente: ‘Walang kayong hard evidence. Show me hard evidence and I will believe you,’” he added.
“So hindi naman sila nag-aaway, sinasabi lang nila para sa kanilang pananaw, iyong kanilang pag-iimbestiga – iyon,” Panelo said. (GMA News)