MANILA – Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV on Friday said that instead of going after the “whistleblowers,” the Department of Justice (DOJ) should look on the allegations against dismissed police official Eduardo Acierto and hooded video narrator “Bikoy” against President Rodrigo Duterte, his family and friends.
Trillanes said DOJ secretary Menardo Guevarra should minimize their crackdown on Duterte accusers and look if their allegations were true.
“Sec. Guevarra should slow down on his crackdown on ‘whistleblowers’ linking Duterte and Bong Go to illegal drugs lest he himself be suspected of protecting drug lords,” Trillanes said.
“He must first investigate and disprove the allegations against Col. Acierto and of ‘Bikoy’ before he could say their statements were untrue,” he added.
The DOJ was digging deep on “Bikoy” following the arrest of Rodel Jayme, the registrant and administrator of a website that shared “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos.
Guevarra on Thursday said Jayme and “Bikoy” were “not necessarily the same person” and the exact identity of the latter was unknown.
Meanwhile, Acierto has a standing warrant of arrest from the DOJ for his alleged involvement in billions worth of smuggled shabu found concealed in magnetic lifters last year.
Malacañang earlier offered P10-million for the information leading to the arrest of Acierto, who claimed Michael Yang, a former presidential adviser, was involved in the illegal drug trade. /PN