ILOILO – The district hospital in the municipality of Sara is a 50-bed capacity hospital. But each day it accommodates over a hundred patients, said Provincial Administrator Raul Banias.
Thus its P65-million worth of improvements – inaugurated on Oct. 26 – would be a big help, according to Banias, also the head of the provincial government’s Hospital Management Office.
The following were the improvements introduced to the Sara District Hospital:
* emergency room
* outpatient department
* administrative building
“Ang aton pasyante wala naganubo sa isa ka gatos. So bisan pa na-imprubar naton, naga-awas gihapon kita. Madamo naga-avail sang hospital services,” said Banias, a physician by profession.
Still, he said, the improvements introduced by the provincial not only this year but in previous years helped greatly.
“I worked in that hospital 33 years ago as a medical officer. It was then dilapidated. Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. made it his goal to transform it into a better hospital facility,” said Banias.
Defensor led yesterday’s inauguration and turnover.
Sara District Hospital’s current chief of hospital is Dr. Armando Dumdum.
Aside from Sara District Hospital, the provincial government also operates the following district hospitals:
* Aleosan District Hospital in Barangay Bancal, Alimodian
* Barotac Viejo District Hospital in Barangay San Lucas, Barotac Viejo
* Dr. Ricardo S. Provido Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Dalid, Calinog
* Don Valerio Palmares Sr. Memorial District Hospital on Alfelor Street, Passi City
* Dr. Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Poblacion, Ilawod, Lambunao
* Ramon D. Duremdes District Hospital in Barangay Ilaya 1st, Dumangas
* Federico Roman Tirador Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Jibolo, Janiuay
* Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Barangay Rumbang, Pototan
* Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Tingui-an, Balasan
* Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital in Barangay Pungtod, Cabatuan, and
* Rep. Pedro G. Trono Memorial District Hospital on Garriel Street, Guimbal.
“We have invested more than P1 billion for ours hospitals, hired more than a thousand additional hospital employees kag nagbakal kita sang nagakaigu nga equipment para ma-imprubar ang services sang aton hospitals,” said Banias./PN