ILOILO City – Properties worth P450,000 went up in smoke in Barangay Tabucan, Mandurriao last week.
Fire gutted the barangay hall, day care center and seven houses in the village on Feb. 21.
The houses were owned by residents Anna Nagales, Melina Belandres, Jay-r Balore, Sandy kapaw-an, Nanci Jemana, James Ridor, and Joel Amihan.
The cause of the fire was a faulty electrical wire at Nagales’ house, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).
The blaze started razing the properties around 9:43 p.m. It was put under control at 10:07 p.m. The BFP declared a “fire out” 20 minutes after./PN