ILOILO City – In this city’s annual search for “timeless beauty (and) exceptional heart”, a 20-year-old lass stood out and won the crown.
Among 15 “princesses” vying for the title Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Carnival Queen, Maria Mikhaella Incensario, “Princess of Miagao”, won the judges’ hearts in a long and dragging coronation night that started at 9 p.m. and ended at almost 2 a.m.
The nearly five-our event was held for the first time outside Casa de Emperador at the Iloilo Business Park in Mandurriao district and hosted by celebrities Ryan Agoncillo, Isabelle Daza and Pia Guanio.
In the question and answer portion, the candidates were asked how they could help vulnerable communities of women and children – an advocacy of the yearly search.
“I have lived in Iloilo almost my whole life, a place of rich culture and heritage. If I were to win Miss Iloilo Dinagyang 2019, I will promote its rich culture and heritage to tourists and entrepreneurs but also focusing on our locals. I will encourage households to support local community projects that benefit our women, children and also our men,” Incensario said.
On the other hand, Elaine Segura was declared Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Heritage; Sharon Idone, Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Tourism; Berylane Joy Barredo, Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Environment; and Beatrice Nicole Arabia, Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Industry.
Janeen Dale Geroso and Maria Cielito Corazon Abendan were hailed first and second runners up, respectively.
Here are the winners of special awards:
* Miss YSA Perfect Skin – Sharon Idone
* Miss Talk N’ Text – Trisha Jane Quiingking
* Miss Philippine Airlines – Maria Mikhaella Incensario
* Miss SM Store Iloilo – Elaine Segura
* Miss Tourism Culinary – Sharon Idone
* Miss Photogenic – Angelic Olmedo
* Miss Nice Day Coffee – Elaine Segura
* Miss Glutamax Glowing Skin – Trisha Jane Quiingking
* Princess of Camarederie – Charlotte Mananquil
* Best in Passeo de Iloilo Costume – Maria Mikhaella Incensario
* Best in Swimwear – Sharon Idone
* Miss Magnolia – Elaine Segura
* Miss SKY – Sharon Idone
* Best in Long Gown – Elaine Segura
* Miss PLDT – Elaine Segura
Among the judges were Miss Cosmoworld 1st Runner Up Jeanyfer Garvilles Ozbot, international model Rachel Santillan and Iloilo supermodel Ria Bolivar.
The Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Carnival Queen will represent Iloilo in the Miss Millennial Philippines 2019 in the popular noontime show Eat Bulaga.
PJ Arañador, Ilonggo international lifestyle designer, was the beauty pageant director./PN