12-year-old boy dies of electrocution

ROXAS City – A 12-year-old boy died of electrocution in Barangay Sibaguan in this city.

Police identified him as Mike Buhe, a Grade 7 student of Capiz National High School.

Buhe was on his way home on Sunday, together with his cousins and brothers, from catching fish at a nearby fishpond when he accidentally stepped on an exposed wire of Capiz Electric Cooperative (CAPELCO), a police report showed.

Papuli na kuntani sila pero nasandaran nya ang live wire sang CAPELCO nga nagalaylay,” the victim’s father Michael said.

The victim was rushed to the hospital in this city where the attending physician declared him “dead on arrival.”

The family blames CAPELCO for their “negligence” as the live electrical wire was hanging too low but left unattended despite reports have already been made to the electric cooperative.

Meanwhile, CAPELCO area manager Renato Jison told Panay News investigations are still ongoing. 

“If we found out that there is negligence on our part, the victim is entitled of payment of insurance and other financial,” he said./PN

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here