BACOLOD City – The cleansing of the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (NOCPPO) is ongoing. A second set of policemen will be transferred to other assignments in a few days.
However, Senior Superintendent William Señoron, acting police provincial director, declined to name the five policemen to be removed from Negros Occidental.
In October, seven policemen, including two chiefs of police, were moved to other regional police offices after being linked to illegal drugs.
Those relieve from the Police Regional Office 18 (Negros Island Region) effective Oct. 26 were:
* Superintendent Jacob Crisostomo, police chief of San Carlos City
* Chief Inspector Joemarie Occeño, police chief of Valladolid
* Superintendent Santiago Rapiz, head of the Police Community Relations of NOCPPO
* Superintendent Rosauro Francisco
* Superintendent Lino Dalisay
* Chief Inspector Rico Santotome, and
* Superintendent Leonardo Angcon.
They were transfer to Police Regional Office 12 in Mindanao and Police Regional Office 2 in Luzon./PN