BACOLOD City – The family of Ronie “Putot” Recomo – one of the three suspects in the drug buy-bust operation that led to the recovery of about six kilograms of suspected shabu in Barangay Palampas, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental – said he was abducted.
In a press conference yesterday, Recomo’s sister Marissa said armed men picked up Recomo around 7 p.m. on Aug. 6 while he was on his way home in Barangay Palampas.
Some of their neighbors have also seen Recomo handcuffed at around 10 p.m. that day, leaving his house with the armed men, his live-in partner Cheryl Alburo and their two children.
Marissa and Alburo’s sister Lorna believe that their siblings and the kids have been kidnapped but they were surprised on Aug. 8 hearing the news that Recomo had been involved in a drug entrapment operation.
They added that they have no idea why Recomo, Alburo and the children were abducted, adding that the family was living a “simple life” with fishing as their source of income.
Marissa and Lorna appealed to whoever took their siblings and the children to release them.
San Carlos City police chief Superintendent D’ Artagnan Katalbas said Recomo was a newly identified suspect, like the couple Armando and Josephine Paraquelles.
Recomo and the Paraquelleses evaded arrest during last week’s sting operation led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency regions 6 and 7.
The suspects remain at large as of this writing, police said./PN