[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”]
[av_heading heading=’Bacolod City ‘tracker cops’ to hunt robbery syndicate ‘ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=”]
BY MAE SINGUAY
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
BACOLOD City – A special group of police officers will run after a notorious syndicate believed to be behind recent robberies in the city.
The “tracker team” of the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) aims to catch the robbery syndicate and its suspected leader, Arnold “Aki” Cuadra.
“We have identified the members of the notorious syndicate,” Senior Superintendent Jack Wanky, acting police director, told reporters in a news conference at the BCPO building yesterday.
Wanky identified Cuadra as a 32-year-old resident of Barangay 2.
Two robberies were reported last week and another two this week. The city police head was alarmed.
Some members of the syndicate have been arrested but were able to post bail. Their cases were pending in courts, Wanky said.
Others were absolved – the complainants did not follow-up on the charges – he added.
The most recent robbery victims were a 62-year-old man from Barangay Villamonte and his 33-year-old daughter, said Wanky.
The robbery syndicate, which uses various types of getaway vehicles, is considered “high-profile,” he said.
A businessman offered a P20,000 cash reward to whoever could give information that will lead to the arrest of Cuadra, Wanky disclosed.
Cuadra has standing arrest warrants for robbery, illegal drug and illegal possession of firearms charges, the BCPO said.
Wanky thanked those helping the local police in the campaign against lawlessness.
He said they welcome more offers for rewards for those who could help the BCPO arrest all the robbery syndicate members.
Around 8:30 p.m. on July 25, Romeo Tagubilin and daughter Marichu were on board a car approaching their house when four robbers smashed their driver’s seat window with a firearm and declared holdup.
The culprits took a blue shoulder bag containing the victims’ passbook, identification cards, cellular phones, a wallet with P1,000 cash, credit cards, and a bayong with P100,000 cash, a police report showed.
After the robbery, the suspects fled on board a dark blue car. Romeo Tagubilin, on the other hand, sustained a head injury./PN