BY IAN PAUL CORDERO and RUBY SILUBRICO
ILOILO City – A four-year-old boy trapped in a house fire in Barangay Rizal, Lapuz district died.
Daniel John Peralta who tried to save his pet dog failed to get out of the house his family was renting, said City Fire Marshal Christopher Regencia.
The blaze began from the rented house at around 8:50 p.m. on June 11.
The Peraltas’ rented house and another one were completely destroyed while one was partially damaged.
Firefighters recovered the remains of Peralta and his dog in the comfort room of the house after putting the fire under control around 9:30 p.m.
The initial estimate of property damage reached P75,000.
According to Regencia, “It might be that the Peraltas were not able to put out a lighted candle they used because they had no electricity.”
All the members of the Peralta family – Daniel John, his parents and four other siblings – managed to get out of the house when the fire started but the boy went back to supposedly save his dog, said Regencia.
His father Benedict and firemen tried to save Daniel John but the fire grew big quickly./PN