ILOILO – The chairmanships of various committees in the 13th Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) are almost “90 percent” ironed out, according to Vice Gov. Christine Garin.
Fourteen incoming members of the SP already agreed which committees go to whom, she revealed.
The SP has 28 committees.
“Around 90 percent natapos na, diutay na lang gid,” said Garin.
New SP members will assume office on June 30. They agreed to chair the following the committees:
* Marcelo Valentine Serag – Aquatic Resources; Environment and Natural Resources
* Renee Valencia – Ways and Means; Zoning and Land Use Planning
* Rolly Distura – Disaster Risk Reduction and Management; Infrastructure
* Domingo Oso – Appropriations; Rules, Privileges, Ethics and Accountability
* Carol Espinosa – Justice, Good Government and Human Rights; Social Welfare, Housing, Senior Citizens and Disabled
* Darl Tupas – Health and Sanitation; Culture, Arts, History and Tourism
* Lito Cajilig – Cooperative and Other Non-Governmental Organizations; Agriculture
* Matt Palabrica – Accounts; General Services and Human Resources
* Jason Gonzales – Science and Technology; Economic Affairs and Investment
* June Mondejar – Public Order and Safety; Ordinances, Legal Matters and Inter-Government Relations
* Sangguniang Kabataan provincial federation president Ma. Angelica Bianca Requinto – Cultural Communities and Underprivileged; Youth Affairs and Sports Development
* Liga ng mga Barangay provincial federation president Dorothy Paes – Barangay Affairs; Labor and Employment
* Vice Gov. Garin – Education Information; Women and Family Affairs
Garin said they were all waiting for the decision of Philippine Councilors League (PCL) – Iloilo chapter president Licurgo Tirador which committees to handle.
In the 12th SP, Tirador decided not to chair any committee, citing his age as reason.
Garin said they decided to talk early about the committee chairmanships to ensure a smooth start for the 13th SP.
The first SP session is on July 2. All SP members would be given the chance to deliver privilege speeches.
The committee chairmanships would be formalized during the second SP session on July 9, said Garin./PN