ILOILO – Elections officers in Western Visayas – regional, provincial, city, and municipal – who were reshuffled months before the recent May 13 midterm elections have returned to their previous posts.
Commission on Elections (Comelec) regional director Jose Nick Mendros has returned to his post as director of Comelec Region 8 (Eastern Visayas).
Atty. Dennis Ausan has returned to Comelec Region 6 from a brief stint at Comelec Region 7 (Central Visayas).
The reshuffling of Comelec regional directors was effected on Feb. 26.
Provincial elections officers now back to their previous posts are:
* Atty. Elizabeth Doronila of Iloilo (temporarily reassigned to Aklan)
* Atty. Roberto Salazar of Antique (temporarily reassigned to Iloilo)
* Atty. Will Arsenio of Capiz (temporarily reassigned to Antique)
* Atty. Jesse Suarez of Negros Occidental (temporarily reassigned to Capiz)
* Atty. Ian Lee Ananori of Aklan (temporarily reassigned to Guimaras)
* Atty. Salud Milagros Villanueva of Guimaras (temporarily reassigned to Negros Occidental)
The reshuffling of provincial election officers was effected on Dec. 28, 2018.
The reshuffling of regional, provincial, city, and municipal election officers aimed to ensure fair and clean elections./PN