VOTING for today’s midterm elections (May 13, 2019) is from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* PROPER SHADING and AVOIDING OVERVOTING are the two things a registered voter needs to do for a hassle-free poll process.
* Voters must remember to FULLY SHADE THE CIRCLE beside the name of her/his candidate of choice.
* Avoid overvoting or else the BALLOTS WOULD BE VOIDED by the vote counting machine (VCM).
* For SENATORS, a voter could ONLY PICK 12 candidates or less.
* Vote ONLY ONE for governor, vice governor, mayor, vice mayor, and district congressman.
* For municipal Sangguniang Bayan members, vote ONLY EIGHT or less.
* While there are 59 seats available FOR PARTY LISTS, a voter could ONLY CHOOSE ONE group.
THE VOTING PROCESS
* The voting process starts from the voter looking into his/her name in the Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL) at the polling place, which would determine the precinct number and sequence number.
* Verification follows after a member of the electoral board (EB) verifies the voter’s identity and checks if any of his/her fingernails have already been stained with indelible ink.
* In some areas including Iloilo, Negros Occidental, Manila, Quezon City, Caloocan City, Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija, Cavite, Cebu, Zamboanga del Sur, Misamis Oriental, Davao Del Sur, and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, the Voter Registration Verification Machine (VRVM) will be used to verify the identity of the voter.
* After the voter’s identity has been established by the EB, the voter will affix his/her signature in the Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL).
* After these, the voter could now fill-up the ballot and cast his/her vote in the VCM, which will display messages and the ballot will automatically drop inside the ballot box./PN