ILOILO – Top taxpayers and the best performing municipalities in treasury services here were honored yesterday morning at the provincial capitol lobby.
According to Maire Umadhay, acting provincial treasurer, the recognition was the provincial government’s way of thanking taxpayers dutifully paying their real property taxes, and honoring hardworking municipal treasurers and assessors.
The top 10 real property taxpayers for 2018 were the following:
* Palm Concepcion Power Corp. in Concepcion (P8,031,459.73)
* Universal Robina Corp. in San Enrique (P6,796,536.73)
* Property Company of Friends (PROFRIENDS), Inc. in Pavia (P5,236,217.53)
* SPC Island Power Corp. in Dingle (P4,986,032)
* First Pacific Fortune Commercial in Oton (P4,507,963.51)
* 8990 Housing Development Corp. in Pavia (4,199,908.16)
* LGP Builders & Development in Santa Barbara (P4,025,737.02)
* San Miguel Foods Corp. in Leganes (P3,240,947.76)
* ACNMA Realty & Development Corp. in San Enrique (P3,077,368)
* Robinsons Land Corp. in Pavia (P2,803,422.50)
Meanwhile, the top 10 business taxpayers for 2018 were the following:
* Property Company of Friends (PROFRIENDS), Inc. in Pavia (P11,739,512.65)
* Coca Cola Bottlers FEMSA Phils. Inc. in Pavia (P11,250,921.84)
* Palm Concepcion Power Corp. in Concepcion (P8,732,939.21)
* 8990 Housing Development Corp. in Pavia (P8,094,447.04)
* Pepsi Cola Products, Phils. Inc in San Miguel (P4,924,287.12)
* San Miguel Foods, Inc in Pavia (P4,368,621.12)
* Communities Iloilo, Inc. (P3,142,417.86)
* SPC Island Power Corp in Dingle (P2,971,440.48)
* San Miguel Foods, Inc. in Santa Barbara (P2,118,954.16)
* Sanford Marketing Corporation in Santa Barbara (P1,797,962.92)
The top three performing local governments in realty tax collection (Category A) were the municipalities of Pavia (1st), Barotac Nuevo (2nd) and Cabatuan (3rd).
In Category B, the top performers were Concepcion (1st), Badiangan (2nd) and Banate (3rd).
In the area of prompt remittance of provincial tax shares, the top performers were Calinog (1st), Mina (2nd) and Cabatuan (3rd).
In tax records management, the top performers were Mina (1st), Estancia (2nd), and San Joaquin (3rd).
In the collection of annual fixed tax for delivery trucks and vans, the top performers were Dumangas (1st), Cabatuan (2nd) and San Miguel (3rd).
On the other hand, the top three performers in the early submission of e-statement of receipts and expenditures (E-SRE) reports were Batad (1st), Concepcion (2nd) and Estancia (3rd).
In real property tax focal persons for 2018, those that excelled were Oton (1st), Santa Barabra (2nd) and San Enrique (3rd) while in E-SRE focal persons for 2018, these were Batad (1st), Concepcion (2nd) and Estancia (3rd).
Also yesterday, special awards were given to the following:
* Pavia – Excellence Award in the collection of annual fixed tax for delivery trucks and vans
* Santa Barbara – Hall of Fame in the collection of real property tax (Category A)
* Bingawan – Hall of Fame in prompt remittance of provincial tax shares
* Mina – Hall of Fame in the early submission of E-SRE reports and Hall of Fame for the municipality with most active E-SRE Focal Person./PN