ROXAS City – Eight people want to become mayor of this capital city.
The following aspiring candidates in the 2019 midterm elections have filed their certificates of candidacy, Commission on Elections records showed:
* Atty. Ronnie Dadivas, current provincial legal officer of Capiz – Liberal Party
* Domingo Belonio – independent
* Francis Lim – Hugpong Ilonggo sa Pagbabago
* Edmundo Sia – independent
* Rommel Lastimoso – Partido Demokratiko Pilipino – Lakas ng Bayan
* Oliva Bataan – Pederalismo ng Dugong Dakilang Samahan
* Mercedes Bermejo – independent
* Wenceslao Diangco – independent
According to City Election Officer Jomar Alyzar Betita, this is so far the highest number of candidates in the mayoral race in his time as head of the local Comelec office.
Meanwhile there are three aspiring candidates for vice mayor:
* incumbent Vice Mayor Erwin Sicad – Liberal Party
* Lovely Po – Pederalismo ng Dugong Dakilang Samahan
* Councilor Powell Del Rosario – independent
There are 32 aspiring candidates seeking posts in the Sangguniang Panlungsod, or the city council according to Betita./PN