ILOILO City – Tomorrow there will be no classes (preschool, elementary, high school and senior high school levels) in both public and private schools here.
This will give students participating in the Dinagyang Festival highlight today – the ati tribes competition – a day of rest, said Mayor Jerry Treñas.
For tertiary (college level) schools, he gave their administrators the discretion to decide.
According to Treñas, Jan. 27 would be a busy day for the city government to clean the downtown area – the epicenter of the Dinagyang celebration. Suspending classes would ease traffic congestion downtown, thus making the work of people task to clean the area easier, he explained.
Taking cue from the mayor, several colleges and universities here announced the suspension of Monday’s classes, too. These schools were the following:
* West Visayas State University (WVSU) La Paz campus
* University of San Agustin
* Iloilo Science and Technology University (ISAT) University – Iloilo City campus
* St. Paul University Iloilo
* PHINMA University of Iloilo
* St. Therese-MTC Colleges (both in Magdalo, La Paz district and La Fiesta site in Molo district)/PN